The Cardiff Met Swim team competes each year in the BUCS Team Champs, BUCS Short course and BUCS Long course competitions.
We are very proud to say that after our hard work over the last 5 years our A team is now competing against the top Universities in Division 1 and our B Team has been promoted to Division 2. After last year’s success we are now in a position to enter a C Team into Division 3.
We have several National & International swimmers in the squad; eight of these swimmers have qualified for a Sports Scholarship. This year a ‘performance’ squad has been created for our top swimmers which entitles them to Strength & Conditioning access with the University S&C team @CMetSaC.
We work closely with City of Cardiff Swimming Club and head coach Graham Wardell, which means we are able to offer extra training where needed for our National & International swimmers.
Our vision is to continue to produce great results and keep Cardiff Met’s reputation as being one of the top Sports Universities in the country.
2017-18 Swimming Training Times
- Monday 1600-1730 Cyncoed Campus
- Monday 2030-2200 Cyncoed Campus (Alternative PM Session) No coach
- Tuesday 0715-0815 International Pool (Mini bus campus pick up/drop-off)
- Tuesday 1600-1730 Cyncoed Campus
- Tuesday 2000-2100 Cyncoed Campus (Alternative PM Session). No coach
- Wednesday 0730-0900 Cyncoed Campus
- Thursday 1830-2000 Cyncoed Campus
- Friday 0730-0830 Cyncoed Campus
- Friday 1600-1700 Cyncoed Campus
- Sunday 1100-1200 ( Performance/Focus Only) Cyncoed Campus
- Sunday 1200-1300 Cyncoed Campus
2017-18 Gym Times
- Monday 1000-1100 (Performance Squad)
- Wednesday 1000-1100 (Performance Squad)
- Sunday 1145-1245 (Non Performance)
Current Cardiff Met Records