Cardiff Met Swimming now have a Performance squad aimed to develop the performance profile of Cardiff Met sport as well as increasing the number of BUCS points achieved within university competitions.
Potential benefits to becoming a performance squad member
- Access to professional coaching.
- Exclusive Performance Squad Sessions
- Free Cardiff Met sport facility gym membership.
- 2 x Sport specific strength and conditioning sessions a week with the university S&C
- Free entry to three BUCS university competitions (Inc. travel and accommodation).
- Free entry to an external competition.
- Video, race and competition analysis.
- Access to Swim Pro underwater camera system.
- Diet, nutrition and supplement advice.
- Anti-doping advice and support.
- Sport Psychology advice and support.
Performance squad criteria and consideration times will be set in April 2019.
For general enquires on Performance Squad please fill in the below form and email to Dan Davies. Jddavies@cardiffmet.ac.uk
Enquiry Form: swimming-performance-squad.docx
Our pool at Cardiff Met is fully accessible for Para swimmers and all Para-classifications (S1-S14) are catered for at BUCS Short course and long course. Please get in touch with Performance Director Dave Tonge via email firstname.lastname@example.org for all Para swimming scholarship applications.
Cardiff Met Swim 2019-20 Application form
Available April 2019
Cardiff Met Swimming Focus Application Form 2018-19
How to apply
To apply or for more information please fill out the performance team application form and email to email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Sport Scholarships
Elite Sport Scholar Award
The Elite Sport Scholar Award is designed for undergraduate, postgraduate and international students that excel in sport (including performance and/or coaching). The award is based upon a combination of academic merit and sporting achievements and can be applied for by students who meet the criteria set out in the eligibility section below.
- £1,000 discount from their programme tuition fees
- Gym membership and access to excellent facilities
- Strength and conditioning support from UKSCA accredited staff
- Sports science support, including nutrition, psychology, physiology, biomechanics
- Sports medicine, including physiotherapy massage
- Active yoga and recovery sessions
- Performance workshops
The award of scholarships are reviewed on an annual basis and students will be required to demonstrate their continuing commitment to Cardiff Met performance sport and their personal sporting development in order to continue to benefit from the scheme for the duration of their studies.