Cardiff Met Swimming now have a focus squad aimed to develop the performance profile of Cardiff Met sport as well as increasing the number of BUCS points achieved within university competitions.
Benefits to becoming a focus squad member
- Access to professional coaching.
- Access to reduced physiotherapy and massage treatment.
- Free Cardiff Met sport facility gym membership.
- 2 x Sport specific strength and conditioning sessions a week with the university S&C team.
- Free entry to three BUCS university competitions (inc travel and accommodation).
- Video, race and competition analysis.
- Access to Swim Pro underwater camera system.
- Diet, nutrition and supplement advice.
- Anti-doping advice and support.
To be considered for a place in the Cardiff Met Swimming Focus squad:-
1. Hold or be in the process of gaining a place on a Cardiff Metropolitan University course (undergraduate/ postgraduate)
2. Be able to represent the University at three BUCS swimming events during the academic year (BUCS short course, BUCS long course, BUCS team championships)
3. Have a time equal to or faster than the focus team consideration times in one event or more. Tables below. Criteria A
4. Have an individual time which gains an Individual a place within a Cardiff Met BUCS “A Team” relay. Criteria B
5. Agree to Cardiff Met Swim team code of conduct and focus squad terms and conditions.
2017-2018 Short Course consideration times
** Times must have been achieved within the last 18 months**
2017-2018 Long Course consideration times
**Times must have been achieved within the last 18 months**
How to apply
To apply or for more information please fill out the focus team application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
The 2018-19 Performance squad criteria will be set March 1st 2018